Monthly Summary –
- In Seanchan, Jorrek wakes in Nyx's tent and leaves her sleeping. His men refuse to 'see' him until he returns to his own tent and exits from there. He learns that Richaad has returned and is waiting for him. They have apparently been in Seanchan for a while and word of their presence is spreading amongst the Seanchan nobles.
- Richaad complains to Jorrek that fighting this 'war' without killing people will prove difficult. He tells him that he and some men scouted Seandar and learned that that is where the battle is really being fought. The skirmishes in the outlying regions are nothing but low bloods, as the Seanchan call them. He says that once the Reavers left, the nobles who are holding the palace decided to take start leashing channelers again. Two of the nobles holding the palace are able to channel (Missaj and Koribine) and like the idea of channeling slaves. Richaad wanted to break them free. He goes on to say that common people are starving...there's no food for anyone but the nobles and their armies. The people of Seanchan are still not self-sufficient after a thousand years and are still used to being provided for. He suggests they take Noren M'Shar next, where Missaj's cousin rules with an iron fist. No one dares challenge him for control of the city.
- Rendrake wakes in a cold sweat from a dream he had of saving a girl who was being attacked by thugs. He is holding his arm where, in the dream that was clearly a real experience, he had been stabbed. He wants to tell Faia of his success in training the civilians in camp but figures she's not up yet since it's early. He decides to make himself visible for a change.
- Misha's life is getting better. Raisha is ignoring Misha now, though she seems to blame the new girl for all the punishments she receives. Misha is more focused on her studies now, and after classes she meets with Varick so she can learn of healing then meets with Ariel for private tutoring. Faia trains her in the evening, trying to teach her to channel, so her days are filled and she stays exhausted. In the morning, however, she disappears with Kilala, carrying some bread to eat. She is headed to Whitebridge, though it is not clear for what purpose.
- Faia watches Chen leave her tent and laments that she has gone another night with no sleep. She has yet to have a chance to check out the new location she found for her army, so she heads out to do just that. She runs into Rendrake on the way out of camp and decides to ask him to join her so she can lose the Sentinels that now shadow her every move.
- Nezdin runs into Clay and
- Tacey reports to Nor about events at the