Monthly Summary – October 2005
- Spike follows
- Blaes and the others watch
Spike leave, though Blaes desperately wants to talk to him about the current
state of affairs in the hall. Caaric was just miffed in general. Shian realizes
all he can tell them is what he knows of the Sharans and what he experienced
trying to escape the Sharan lands. They decide to go rest and let Blaes give
them the history on the
- Eldenir and Con's fight with the thugs continues. Eldenir ends up stabbing one of the men in the groin. While Con finishes off the final man, Eldenir searches the dead men's bodies. All he finds is a blank piece of fine rolled parchment.
- Con gives the final man the opportunity to run but gets attacked instead. Con knocks him out cold. Con wonders why six well-dressed men with expensive blades would walk around with no coin. He tells Eldenir that, if he is unable to get answers from the men he (Eldenir) killed, that he (Con) left some breathing.
- Eldenir throws the parchment to Con and tells him that is the key. He knows...somehow. Eldenir continues searching bodies and finds a slip of paper with "The Angry Mistress, Baerlon" on it. He says it's obvious that someone knew the two of them were coming. He points toward one of the men who was left alive and says for him to talk.
- Kinlam goes to see Janos
- Spike lights up a tabac stick and considers what
- Alekhz watches the Council
meeting. He has apparently been at the
- The Reavers explain to Alekhz that he can have a Reaver captain position if he wants it. Alekhz shows some distaste for Lothoss and says if he takes the job that he won't go back to Seanchan. The Reavers tell him they go where they are needed, and if they are needed back in Seanchan that is where they will go. So will he. Chen tells him that Lothoss is Reaver business and will be dealt with as such.
- Janos tells
- Misha does well with her private tutoring from Ariel and is so pleased with her progress in writing that she writes a note to Nezdin. Kilala takes the note to Nez for her.
- Kinlam tells Janos that
he's leaving the tower for a while and to give him any info he needs before
going to New Manetheren. Janos tells what he knows of New Manetheren and that
the leaders there have had some contact with the rebels though they admit
nothing publicly. He warns Kinlam to be careful of anyone who can channel since
they might be with Faia and word has it that her camp
doesn't hold with the
- Alekhz tolerates the Reavers' welcome and is glad he'll be included on the decision about Lothoss. He says he wants to see the man now, to assess his condition. From behind him, Spike declares they'll all go see Lothoss together.
- Lothoss sits alone waiting
for them to arrive, thinking that they are the ones who are traitors. He thinks
he abandoned the Light the day his brother was found dead. He would turn his
backs on the Reavers the day they called justice a crime. The Reaver captains
enter and Spike tells everyone that it is true...Lothoss did kill the M'Hael.
Spike goes on to tell them all what
- Lothoss admits it's true
and says he would have done it again given the opportunity. He says it was
justice and that Faia was too soft to deliver it. They
tell him it is a crime against the Light and he asks what the Light has done
for him. He tells them he is done with the Light. He renounces the
- Outside, Spike tells the
others that Lothoss will no longer be an Asha'man. He will live as a citizen.
He doesn't think it will be a bad thing for the truth to come out - for the
world to learn that the M'Hael was under the influence of his wife and that was
why he caused Lir's death and declared Faia a rebel
fugitive. The Reavers will still vote on the matter of Lothoss, however, and
Spike asks Chen to go with
- Alekhz is incensed that Lothoss will be shown mercy. When he is alone with Lothoss, he tells him that if he really wants to die all he needs to do is ask. He tells Lothoss that he has nothing now...his brother is dead, the tower has rejected him and it seems the Light has decided not to have mercy on his soul. He leaves to join the others outside and realizes that it would be no mercy to let Lothoss live since it would release him from the horror his life had become.
- At the Outcast camp, Faia received a package from King Tynan - a great deal of
gold and a note saying she'd get another surprise soon. She decides to take the
opportunity to go into the World of
- When she figures out where
the castle is, she wakes and heads out of her tent. Knowing she doesn't have
time to scout the castle out just yet, she starts to spar with one of the
- Nezdin strolls through the camp searching for Rendrake with a note from Faia. Kilala finds him and after reading the note from Misha, Nezdin writes her back a note saying how proud he is of her. He asks ilala to take the note back to Misha.
- Rendrake didn't sleep much but he is surprised to feeling rested. He had never had any luxuries like the tent he has at the Outcast camp. He had done perimeter searches, as he promised, but had stayed hidden. When he hears Nezdin looking for him, Rendrake makes himself visible. He tells Nezdin they shouldn't have any repeats of the attack the day before and asks Nez what the situation is.
- Nezdin tells Rendrake that Faia wants him to teach the civilians some basic self-defense starting that day. The Nezdin asks if he'll train Misha as well.
- Kilala takes Nezdin's note back to Misha, who is pleased with it. Misha asks Ariel if she and Kilala can play for a while and Ariel agrees. It feels good to Misha to play like she had at her Grandpa's house. Though she misses him, she is beginning to adjust to life at the camp.
- Ariel lets Misha play a while, then tells her to wash up and come back to where she is sitting so they can work a bit longer before lunch.