Monthly Summary – June 2005
- After class,
- While Spike, Adna and Pol stand around talking, Serah shows up and tells them that there are twenty people inside the inn, three full Asha'man, and that they have someone tied up and are beating him. They sense trouble and the people come pouring out of the inn, away from the others. They decide to follow them.
- Faia, Richaad and Lothoss (and the two mindless Sentinels) are confronted by the people who came out of the inn and they call her a traitor. Spike and the others show up. Faia and Spike threaten them, but Richaad and Pol remain calm. Faia, Richaad, and Lothoss shield them all in ways they can't get out of. Serah reminds them about the two back at the inn so Lothoss and Richaad head that way, leaving the others to question the lot with them. The one Faia questions refers to Lir as a traitor.
- Neill, Nez, and a bunch of other Asha'man work together to create a weave that blocks gateways from being opened in and near the camp. It protects almost all the way to Whitebridge.
- Garan is in a loud tavern and can't remember much. He's holding a jeweled broach he's never seen before and his hands are covered in blood. People yell murder and he jumps out a window to get away. A girl is out there waiting on him and tells him he has white steel armour to deliver to the Whitecloaks.
- Lothoss and Richaad learn that Lir's second in command is a traitor. The others get there and find out that Faia sent all the other 'trouble' Asha'man through a gateway so they would wander into her camp. They realize they have to go help Lir.
- In Far Madding,
- Back at the Outcast Camp, Cair opens boxes and gets his group started on making their guns.
- Lytra makes her gun successfully, but two in the group do not.
- The Sharans get closer. Spike, Faia and the others agree they don't have time to go get anyone else to help fight and agree not to make gateways since the Sharans apparently don't know how to do so. They worry about Lir. Someone in the distance - probably Lir - is drawing in too much of the One Power. Richaad puts a protective shield around them all, but it doesn't protect against the earthquakes that follow.
- There is now a big mountain where Lir or whoever had been channeling was before. It will stall the Sharans, but not stop them. The Westlands have a month or so before the Sharans get there now. To prepare.
- They learn, from a dying commander, that Shawn had been sent to kill Lir by the M'Hael's order. Serah confirms it, saying that she had seen - before the explosion - the other man kill Lir with a shocklance.
- Mala shows up in Far Madding to see
- Misha, Louise, and Rachel have fun together. Misha thanks
- While Spike and the others are discussing the Sharans and how much time they have to prepare, Richaad realizes Faia and Lothoss are missing. Richaad points out that Faia is out for blood and would want revenge on the M'Hael for killing Lir. He wants to go after them, but Spike reminds him that he is 'dead' and needs to lay low...they'll handle it.
- Lothoss catches up to Faia and accuses her of looking for revenge. She calls it justice and tells him to come if he wants, but stay out of her way. The two of them, along with Kilala and the two mindless Sentinels, go through a gateway to the M'Hael's private library. Luck is with them and they find him there.
- Faia severs the M'Hael, but before she can do anything else, Sentinels appear. Lothoss, Faia, and the two Sentinels, with some help from Kilala, manage to kill the eighteen Sentinels protecting the M'Hael. The M'Hael tells her all her friends will die and it'll be on her hands since they are all traitors and she goes a bit nuts. As Faia is about to dispense 'justice', one of the ones who are hanging on declares that the M'Hael is under Compulsion. They suspect his wife but have no proof. Faia drops the knife, but Lothoss kills the M'Hael. Faia finishes off the remaining Sentinels and they go through a gateway, weak and battered.