Monthly Summary – June 2004
- Juin runs toward the
- The Sharans, with Eid leading them, make it to Rhuidean.
- Richaad and Varick are leaving the
- Richaad, Varick, and Serah reach William the Pig’s camp. Richaad asks for the Asha’man he has in custody. Richaad and William know each other from before. William takes Richaad and his crew to the Asha’man and asks about a reward. Before Richaad has a chance to answer, Serah threatens William with a hunting knife and wants to kill the suspected
- Valrin refuses to remove the shield and orders Richaad to do things her way, using the ‘agreement’ between the towers as an excuse for her attitude. She tells him she will take the Asha’man back to the
- Richaad wants Serah unarmed since she proved to be uncontrollable, but she threatens to kill both he and Varick if they take her other knives. So Varick knocks her out then binds her feet and hands with Air. He carries her through a gateway and Richaad carries Valrin. They lock the two females in separate cells and send for the M’Hael.
- Janos allows Lir to go see about Serah after learning of the problems Richaad had with her. Janos then meets with Moss in his own chambers. He realizes the gleeman is a
- In the
- Putting the full blame of the situation on Richaad, Lir responds by throwing his dragon pin and his sword pin on the floor at the M’Hael’s feet and declaring he is no longer Asha’man. The M’Hael voices his disappointment but says, given the situation, Lir cannot leave the tower. He puts guards on him and tells them to detain he and Serah in their apartments.
- The Amyrlin shows up and they all discuss what happened with Valrin, who tries to blame the murder of the
- Janos brings Moss to the dungeons and ends up covering for the man, saying that Moss saved his life from an attempt on his life…by his now dead manservant. Valrin uses her healing abilities to reattach Moss’s finger. She agrees to return the following day to help investigate the dead bodies.
- Moss and Tara continue to dance and
- Janos and Mala dance and get to know each other. Mala asks him about Noemie’s parents, who are
- Sannis Jharo shows up and his presence causes quite a stir.
- Cur and Raven show up to the door of the Grand Hall with the guards, and a wolf, in tow. The tower guards try to refuse entry to the wolf, but Raven insists. The M’Hael greets them and the wolf leaves after relieving himself on Lord Barak’s boots.
- Moss asks Lir to dance with
- Moss approaches Sannis and they begin talking. They know each other already. The two of them had been in the Borderlands at the same time and had to fight some Trollocs.
- While dancing with Jorrek, Faia sends Sannis a tray of grain alcohol drinks.
- Janos takes a break from the ball and learns of the night’s events, including Moss killing the White Tower guards, from his manservant. He says he wants information on Mala and needs to talk to Moss. He sends Gray Men after the Genhalds in Lugard.
- After noticing Moss is gone, Mala approaches
- Cur’s men tell him of the trouble with the Aes Sedai, Worm, and the Asha’man. Cur tells the M’Hael and the two leave. Faia, Jorrek, and Mia follow, and on the way out Faia gives a silent invitation for Sannis to join them then tells the guards at the door not to let anyone else out. Moss and Sannis follow Faia out and Moss pretends he is of Janos’s employ so the guards let him leave.
- Ava and Blade turn some heads with their dancing. After, Ava and Tara talk and have some fun with the Asha’man. Ava starts to get drunk.
- After a discussion about the reasons for Sannis’s presence at the
- Mia leaves the ball with King Tynan.
- Moss starts to go back to the ball but ends up walking
Black Tower (after the ball)
- Varick and Nezdin go to Faia’s apartment to tell her Richaad wants to see her and that the M’Hael wants to see Sannis at lunch, but they catch Faia and Sannis in a compromising position.
- Juin and some other Aiel show up at the
- Lir’s guards inform him they are leaving the tower because of how he is being treated. When Lir presses and wants to know how many people are behind him, he learns that a third of the
- The Sentinels (think FBI and you got them) tell the M’Hael of the rebellion being planned in Lir’s name. They try to tell him Lir must die to protect the
- Juin is taken to the M’Hael and he tells of the army of channelers. The M’Hael asks him to stay and calls a meeting for the Black and White Tower leaders.
- Faia meets Richaad in the dungeon and learns all of what happened the night before. She wants to talk about Lir, but Richaad is too upset and refuses. She proceeds to question Worm and the legless Asha’man. She gets the name of the Aes Sedai from Worm but the man dies in the process due to the Compulsion weave used on him by the Aes Sedai –
- The M’Hael meets with the mercenaries and offers money to any willing to go to the Madlands to find out if there are channelers there who could be recruited to the
- Faia and Lir talk about what happened the night before and she offers a solution to the problem. Lir agrees to talk to Serah about it. Faia leaves and goes to the kitchen to have them make a good meal for Lir and Serah.
- Faia learns that Varick and the men found a piece of metal in the dead Asha’man’s quarters. She tells them to keep searching. Before she can leave, a
- Lir and Serah discuss options over the feast that was brought to them.
- Faia visits Richaad and tells him what she learned from the interrogations. He takes her to Janos, who gives the two of them a parchment that will get them onto
- The M’Hael makes the list of
Sannis awaits those he is to train. Axe shows up for training and
- Faia and Chetana (the Brown Ajah member
that came to help) have learned a bit of information from
Neill and Nezdin go to the room where Garan is being kept so Neill can learn
about Garan's condition. A messenger shows up with a note telling Neill he
needs to report to Sannis at the weapons yard. Garan shares a bit about his
condition and asks Neill to help him get out of the
A while later, a young Asha'man guard comes to Faia and Chetana, informing them
that he and the other door guard felt saidar being channeled, and by the time
they got into the prison, the two guards in the prison were murdered, as was
the legless Asha'man. The woman,
- Upon returning to the White Tower from the ball, Mala finds Moss waiting on her. She loses her temper and yells at him, something uncharacteristic for her.
- Ava has odd dreams. She goes to meet with the Amyrlin and tells of her dreams. She also apologizes for her behavior the night before at the ball. The Amyrlin tells her there is no reason to apologize. An Asha’man Soldier shows up to tell the Amyrlin about the Aiel and request her presence at the
- Selendia gets a visit from her Black Tower spy, Lara, who tells of the Aiel showing up early that morning.
- Valrin meets with the Yellows and demands something to be done about the Amyrlin because she feels the Amyrlin is subservient to the M’Hael. She then goes to the Amyrlin’s chambers.
- The Amyrlin calls Valrin down for her attitude and actions the previous night…in front of Ava and Selendia. She reminds Valrin that the
- Selendia reports what her spy told her after the Amyrlin officially ends the meeting. She tells Ava to wait on her and go to her quarters since they are in the same Ajah. She tries to rush our, but the Amyrlin makes her wait just to remind her who is in charge.
- In Selendia’s rooms, Selendia gives Ava a bit of grief over her behavior at the ball before asking what she thinks of the latest news. Ava tells her that trouble is coming.
Richaad and Faia reach the
Mala runs into Noemie, who has apparently been hit in the face, while she's
trying to eavesdrop on some sisters talking about the guards who were murdered.
Noemie informs Mala that she's been listening to everything and tells her the
guards were Rahb and
- Con is upset because ‘whatshername’ was looking for marriage. He consoles himself with two palace maids.
- The day after the ball, Jorrek awakes to find a naked King Tynan wandering around his and Mia’s cottage. He runs into ‘whatshername’ on the way out, who claims to be Con’s fiancée. He decides to go see Con. Once he gets there, he’s greeted by two naked women (the palace maids from the night before). He chats with Con and finds out the boy is not really engaged.
- Nyx and her father, King al’Aric Mandragoran, go to the throne room to talk to Cur and Raven. Aric asks if Nyx can stay with them for a while. Cur agrees. Jorrek shows up and is quite obviously smitten with the girl and Nyx is just as smitten with him. Cur and Raven want Nyx to come immediately and she agrees. Raven sends Jorrek with her to help her get her things. Con is extremely unhappy with the idea.
Con has an encounter in an alleyway with "whatshername's
- William the Pig goes to the Whitecloak camp and ends up taking Valrin, the legless Asha’man, and Valrin’s warder out of there back to his own camp. He sends a man to the
- One of
- While locked up, Garan goes to sleep and gets visited in his dreams by Tenu, his soul mate. The two meet with Adris, the man Garan is loyal to. Adris gives him some orders, thinking he will do whatever necessary to help the
- Outside the Black Tower, one of Cur’s men, Aidan, overhears and watches as an Aes Sedai uses Compulsion on one of Lord Barak’s men and tells him to kill an Asha’man. Aidan runs to go tell of it but as he does, ‘Worm’ (the man the Aes Sedai used Compulsion on) kills Rupert, the annoying Asha’man.
- A crowd gathers around Rupert’s dead body – Cur, Aidan, the M’Hael, Faia, Jorrek, Mia, Tynan, Sannis, Moss, and several other wolfkin. Aidan tells everyone what happened. Janos shows up and tries to take control of the situation. He says anyone there with the exception of Asha’man and Cur and his men will have to be detained. Faia makes Tynan vouch for Sannis, then she promises to keep an eye on him for the rest of the night since he isn’t allowed to leave the tower.
- Lir shows up outside where everyone is gathered and he’s with the guard he hurt the night before. They are clearly making a getaway, apparently to Seanchan. Janos insists on having him detained as well. Cur’s men agree to find the man called Worm and bring him back for questioning.
- At William’s camp, he tells his men he wants to be gone by the time the M’Hael makes his announcement about the mercenaries the next day. He has someone tie the warders up and leave them outside of camp, taking their swords.
- Jorrek’s men find Worm and hand him over. Jorrek gives the prisoner to a
- The day after the ball,
Zlad and Hynk go into The Cruel
- Nyx’s parents argue over her behavior. Her mother says the next time she gets into trouble, her father better have some idea of how to handle it or Nyx will be going to a
- Jorrek unpacks his things and sets out to find Nyx, who disappeared as soon as they made it to Malkier. He finds her in a seedy tavern with her carneira, who is obviously getting a bit amorous with her. The man is apparently upset that she is leaving.
- Nyx is not happy to see Jorrek there and gets even unhappier when the two men start getting drunk together and are getting along. She gets up to leave and is accosted by a drunken patron, whom she quickly leaves lying on the floor. She tries to escape to go out with friends but Jorrek and Ragan (her carneira) catch up to her. Jorrek tells Ragan he'll get her home and Ragan leaves. Nyx is pissed.
- Juin tells everyone about the Sharans and about Eid, telling them they can do what they wish with the information. Lir takes the Aiel seriously; Janos believes it's not a big deal.
- Valrin speaks up and calls the Aiel savages, saying there are more important things the towers she be dealing with other than squabbles between the savages' clans. The Aiel take offense to the comment, as expected, and declare Aes Sedai have no honor.
- Both the M'Hael and the Amyrlin offer apologies to the Aiel for Valrin's outburst. The M'Hael warns the Yellow Sitter to watch her mouth and Valrin responds by insulting the Amyrlin, the M'Hael, and the Aiel again before getting up and leaving the room with the other two Yellow Sitters nipping at her heels.
Ava rises and does a good job of trying to calm the situation down. She
apologizes to the M'Hael and the Aiel for Valrin's outburst, then
shares her dream with everyone to help support the seriousness of the
situation. Juin encourages everyone to take Ava's dreams seriously since
- Janos offers to have Asha'man and Aes Sedai open gateways for the Aiel to get them back home quicker since they agreed to stay overnight.
The meeting is interrupted by a
Characters Introduced (in order of appearance):
- Sannis Jharo, Mercenary
- Axkher Bourne